Wednesday, October 29, 2008

2008-2009 Palm Beach Community College men's and women's basketball

Initially this photo shoot of the 2008-2009 Palm Beach Community College men's and women's basketball teams was supposed to be in their Gymnasium but because of the Barack Obama's “Growing American Jobs” summit event they decided not to cancel but to do it outside on the schools campus.

This caused for some unique challenges, one having a large number of people out in the heat. I was hired to do team photos as well as individual shots for their web site and program. The first challenge was trying to find a location where I would have some type of elevations and then try to work with the direction of the light. This was accomplished with a circular fountain that I could have one row sitting and another standing but the lighting was all wrong. The lighting was more side lighting than I would have liked but it did give me some separation from the background and I used a medium soft box as a fill light.

I attempted to work as quickly as possible because of the heat but also tried to give more than one look. I shot a lot tighter for the girl’s team because they didn't want me to show their shoes. After, getting the standard shots where you can see faces and numbers when you try to go after some fun shots.


No comments: