Monday, July 7, 2008

Fourth on Flagler 2008




I started off wanting to go out and shoot fireworks at the Fourth on Flagler downtown West Palm Beach. After the late afternoon thunderstorms I got a late start. Because of the weather and the traffic I could not get remotely close to downtown before the fireworks started. When I realized I would not get anywhere near the fireworks I got out of the traffic and parked on a side street. After walking three or four blocks to get to the waterfront the fireworks display has well underway. I decided to just shoot what I could get using an 80 - 200mm f2.8 lens handheld at shutter speeds as low as a 30th of a second.

Fourth on Flagler, the area’s biggest and best fourth of July celebration. Residents and visitors enjoyed fireworks, food, concerts and much more along the City’s waterfront. This year the City of West Palm Beach was celebrating Two Decades of Independence Day Fun and thanking everyone for coming out to enjoy 20 years of fireworks, festivities and most of all…freedom!





No comments: